Nature provides us with all the resources we need to live and prosper. The entire team at Hotel Pachmair therefore tries their best to use all materials and resources as mindfully and sustainably as possible. Below you can learn about our specific measures regarding sustainability.
Heating & Energy:
- We generate 182 kW of heating capacity by using a ground water heat pump.
- Our solar panels, which cover an area of 220 m², provide us with as much as 85 kW from solar energy. As a result, 10,000 liters of warm water, which covers between 75% and 80% of our entire heating needs, can be delivered wherever they are needed throughout the hotel.
- All of the cooling devices in the hotel kitchen are equipped with heat recovery systems, and the recovered heat provides us with about 60% of the annual energy needs of our outdoor swimming pool.
- In order to reduce food waste, we ask our guests to choose their dinner in the morning at the breakfast table.
- We buy most of our dairy and meat products from local producers and suppliers and all of our freshwater fish comes from domestic waters.
- We offer our guests freshly baked bread from the local bakery.
- The delicious premium jams as well as the honey come from the traditional Tyrolean company Darbo.
Hotel and Room Facilities:
- Most of the light fixtures in the hotel are equipped with LED lamps and motion detectors.
- The rooms only use electricity when guests are in the room.
- Thanks to our Alpine location and proper ventilation, we conscientiously avoid the use of air conditioning.
- From now on, bath slippers are only available upon request at the reception desk.
Hygiene & Cleaning:
- In our hotel, we only use eco-friendly detergents made by Hagleitner and we observe all environmental protection laws as well as all quality and hygiene standards by outsourcing our bedding requirements.
- We only change towels and bedding upon request by our guests.
- Our guests have the option of not having their rooms cleaned daily.
- We separate our garbage meticulously. Paper, plastic, glass, metal, and special and organic wastes are all disposed of separately. All of our employees are trained in ways to avoid waste.
Eco-Friendly Travel to Zillertal:
- From now on our guests will have access to four premium 11 kW EV charging stations with green electricity from local hydropower. Charging fees are updated daily (kWh).
- Our hotel can easily be reached by train. From Hamburg, Berlin, Cologne, Zurich, or Rome you only need to change trains once in Jenbach to get to your holiday destination in Uderns. For more information, visit: https://www.zillertal.at/info/serviceinfo/lage-anreise/anreise-mit-der-bahn.html.